1. 2 cups rolled oats
2. 1 cup peanut butter
3. 1 cup flaxseed powder
4. 1 cup hemp seed powder
5. 1 cup honey (*for vegan options use maple syrup)
6. 1/3 cup hemp seed (extra virgin) oil
7. 1/2 cup pitted (seedless) dates
8. 1/2 cup hemp hearts (seeds)
9. 1 cup vegan dark chocolate
1. To start with, gather all the ingredients and keep aside.
2. Put the pitted dates into room temperature water to soak for 15 minutes. Once soft, blend them into a smooth puree.
3. In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients except the hemp hearts and dark chocolate. We will be using those to coat the balls toward the end.
4. Once you have mixed all the ingredients in the bowl together, you will be able to roll up your energy bites in no time! Before you start that we recommend that you put a little oil on your hands to avoid the mixture sticking to your fingers.
5. Roll up your hemp energy balls into whatever size you prefer and place them in the refrigerator to cool for 10 minutes.
6. While your bites are cooling, it will be time to melt our chocolate! To start that, take a round deep pan and add water to it. Place the pan on medium heat and bring to a simmer. Add the chocolate chunks to a glass bowl (that would fit in the pan) and place the bowl in the warm water. Let the chocolate melt over the next few minutes.
* For people who want sweeter options, you can opt for different chocolate options.
7. Once your chocolate coating is melted, take the hemp energy bites out of the fridge and dip them one by one into the sauce until they are fully coated.
8. The last step would involve sprinkling the hemp hearts (seeds) onto the energy bites. Once you are done with this, your bites are ready! You can cool them in the fridge for 5 minutes and they are ready to serve!